Tuesday, May 3, 2016

A Tiny Beautiful Rose




This button size rose will not grow any bigger but that doesn’t make it any less beautiful. This inspiring story will tell you why……
There is an old sweeper in our building who spends time in the shades of parking area, may be his own place is cramped and stuffy in this hot weather and large open space liberates his spirits. He has a discarded pram, rickety but still functional, in which he adoringly takes care of his infant grandson, I see him there off and on, sometimes the child is left all alone sleeping in the pram in hot afternoon… the old man likely nearby, running some errand.

Yesterday afternoon I came back home after dropping my wife at the station. While parking I didn’t notice a plastic bucket, it was white and matched floor color lying on the way so it came under the car and dragged with horrible screeching sound. Immediately my temper exploded at the carelessness of the jerk who left that bucket there. Then I saw two pillars away the old man pushing the pram, he left it and came rushing. My anger melted as I saw the man wet all over in guilt and beseeching. I quietly helped him retrieve the bucket from underneath the car and said, “No problem”. Suddenly I felt an urgent need; I went down the block in hot afternoon bought some toffees and gave it to child in pram. I felt a sense of nirvana and very beautiful like the small rose, dazzling!
I decided both the old man and I am, are beautiful persons, just that I never noticed it. Small beautiful things are visible only when you focus on them. Big celebrities are also ugly at places if you closely look at them like Sri Sri Ravishanker doesn’t see any value in Malala to deserve Nobel Prize. Try telling him, muster courage and put life on stake KNOWINGLY as Malala did by challenging the terrorist and going to school.

No comments: